The Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami, will present a comprehensive survey of work by New York-artist John Miller (forthcoming, February 2016). Untitled, radio, presents a radio hour of music by John Miller.
John Miller (b. 1954) is an artist, critic, and musician whose work has been exhibited in major museums and collections worldwide. Over the course of thirty years, Miller has produced a diverse body of work that, in addition to figuration, addresses language, valuation, social hierarchy and abjection. He has had solo exhibitions at Kunsthalle Zurich, Musée d’art moderne et Contemporain in Geneva, MoMA PS1, and Ludwig Museum, where he was awarded the Wolfgang Hahn Prize by the Society of Contemporary Arts in 2011. His work was included in the 1985 and 1991 Whitney Biennials, as well as Club Berlin at the 46th Venice Biennale in 1995. Miller’s work is in the collections of the Whitney Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, Carnegie Museum of Art, and the Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami. Miller is a leading artist critic, whose writings often address the role of aesthetics in culture.
1. Baby Talk - 4:16 (The Coachmen, 1977, J.D. King, Thurston Moore, Dan
2. I’m Good – 3:28 (Robot, 2007, Takuji Kogo)
3. Honky-Tonk Blues (Hank Williams) – 3:08 (Dirty Mirrors, 2010, Aura Rosenberg, Jon Kessler, David Humphrey, Dan Walworth)
4. A Little About Me - 3:08 (Robot, 2010, Takuji Kogo)
5. I’m Your Man (Leonard Cohen) – 3:14 (Dirty Mirrors – Berlin, 2010, Aura Rosenberg, Frank Lutz, Greg Parma Smith)
6. Waitng for the Weekend – 10:52 (A^ction, 2010, Tony Conrad, Kim Gordon)
7. I Wish I Could Own a Dog – 2:02 (Robot, 2013, Takuji Kogo)
8. The Waiting Game – 3:36 (Robot, 2014, Takuji Kogo)
9. Chill Factor (Merle Haggard) - 3:48 (The Cornichons, 2015, Jon Kessler, Jose Martos, Servane Mary, Aura Rosenberg)
10. Catalog of Days – 3:14 (The Cornichons, 2015, Jon Kessler, Jose Martos, Servane Mary, Aura Rosenberg)
11. Lost Glove (Aura Rosenberg) – 2:19 (The Cornichons, 2015, Jon Kessler, Jose Martos, Servane Mary, Aura Rosenberg)
12. I’m a Sassy Lil’ Cookie – 2:13 (Robot, 2015, Takuji Kogo)
13. We Could Get It On – 4:14 (The Cornichons, 2015, Jon Kessler, Jose Martos, Servane Mary, Aura Rosenberg)
14. Sylvia Bataille (Aura Rosenberg, Frank Lutz) – 3:40 (Dirty Mirrors – Berlin, Frank Lutz, Aura Rosenberg)